DOG HANDLER JOB DESCRIPTION
No experience required – training provided.
- Monitor play times and exercise times while maintaining safety protocols for dogs and staff. Doing so by giving medications to dogs at proper times, keeping the play area clean, and discouraging dogs of bad behaviors (jumping, leash pulling, growling, and aggression).
- Remembering dog names is a must. You will be using their names when you take photos for customers, storing dog belongings in an organized manner and labeling all contents, as well as working with the pre-feeding and feedings for meal times. However, checking tags is important as you can not call them over to you if you do not know their name.
- Cleaning up of urine and feces is a daily part of this job. It comes with sanitizing & mopping areas, doing laundry, washing dog dishes, cleaning kennels, bathing dogs of various sizes, and nail trims.
- You will be entering data via computer or tablet when you log and report to management. This data will involve any discrepancies, bad behavior of dogs, and any injuries, accidents, or medical issues.
DOG HANDLER REQUIREMENTS
2. Be a team player but also be able to work independently. Be 18 years or older, eligible to work in the United States, and speak English.
3. Communicate, Ask questions, and find answers with management.
4. Be able to multi-task and provide Good customer service to our clients.
5. Ability to remain calm and to handle different breeds of various sizes.
6. A LOVE FOR DOGS.
7. Be an Punctual, Observant and Assertive person
8. This is a physical job, so be prepared.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED HANDLING DOGS IN A LARGE GROUP BUT YOU CAN’T BE AFRAID OF THE DOGS!!!!
Pay: Starting at $16.70 per hour
- 4-12 hour shifts
- Morning/Afternoon/Weekend shifts
- Holidays (We take a lot of dogs in for the Holidays)
- Overtime available
Due to COVID-19, at this time we can only have staff, dogs, and interviewee’s inside the building as we must remove our masks when working with the dogs due to mask aggression.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Dog Care(Pet store/Hospital/Boarding/Daycare: 1 year Preferred but not needed)
- English (Required)